From Saint-Raphaël, take the D559 towards Saint-Tropez.
At the Gaillarde beach, follow the sign in the direction of "Cimetière des Issambres" (rue du Gattilier).
Continue straight until you reach the cemetery parking lot
> STARTING POINT
GPS coordinates: 43.368314, 6.702636
At the level of the Issambres communal cemetery
At the level of the barrier located above the kiosk and just before the small bridge, take the dirt path with a barrier and a sign
Follow the path for about 300 meters and at the first crossroads, turn right, then immediately afterwards turn right again.
About 1km further, as you approach the houses, follow Avenue du Parc on your left. Stay on this main track.
About 1.2 km further, your route joins a new road with tanks in sight on your left. Leave this lane to take a hairpin right.
Continue straight on, staying at the top of this hill, on the small path on the left, one side of the valley on either side. Enjoy the view of the seaside on one side and the Col du Bougnon on the other! An orientation table is towards the sea.
Continue on the path which runs along another wider one below on the right. The two meet a little further. At this intersection, continue on the main track to the left. A stone wall is located a little further on your left. Continue to the next intersection and take a left twice to find the remains of the Vallon de la Gaillarde.
Retrace your steps to the Belvédère level. On your left, follow Chemin des Petites Maures. At the next junction, turn right then 500 meters further, find the wide dirt track taken on the way out.
- Panoramic view of the Mediterranean Sea and the Esterel.
- During the transhumance period, you may see sheep from the Chieusse sheepfold.
- Explanatory panels are available to better understand the functioning of ancestral defenses and the constraints of the territory.
- Type of customers : Level bue - Medium
- On-site activities : Pedestrian sportsHiking itinerary
- Environments : Forest locationPanoramic view