From Saint-Raphaël, take the D559 towards Saint-Tropez.
Once in Les Issambres, turn left on avenue de la Jetée, a Casino supermarket is on the side of the road.
Park in the Arpillon car park at the end of the avenue.
> STARTING POINT
GPS coordinates: 43.340362, 6.694415
San Peïre beach. You can park in the Arpillon car park
At San Peïre beach, go to your left towards Saint-Raphaël and follow the coast. Take a narrow stone path, then cross the beaches and the creeks. Arrival is at Pointe de la Calle.
This path leads to the Gallo Romain fishpond, classified as a historical monument, which was used to catch fish and keep them fresh for market days or major Roman festivals.
> Attention! Some slippery passages.
- Picnic tables in the shade of the parasol pines
- One of the best known examples of a Gallic fish reservoir in France
- Type of customers : Level bue - Medium
- On-site activities : Pedestrian sportsHiking itinerary
- Environments : Sea viewCoastal
You will also like
Comprising a succession of 3 pools, the reservoir was used to capture and preserve fish.Les Issambres (Roquebrune sur Argens)