A digital road
"De Rivages en Calanques" ("From Shores to Coves") is a digital route to enhance the trail of the Var coastline that allows you to find local and interactive information (history, nature, leisure activities, services, safety ...) on smartphone from the 150 QR codes inserted on various signs of a route of more than 50 kilometers. Between technology and discovery of the territory, information is at your fingertips.
A valued territoryOver 51 km, from Issambres to Trayas, and thanks to digital information points, discover the coastal path as you've never seen it before! Whether you are in Roquebrune-sur-Argens, Fréjus or Saint-Raphaël, find local and interactive information directly on your smartphone. This concept is proposed and developed by Estérel Côte d'Azur. It is tourism that turns towards the sea, to tell you its most beautiful secrets.
Increasingly relevant content
All coastal information, including videos, in a quality suitable for your own smartphone. Content with dynamic functions such as geolocation, to stroll autonomously and meet local people, and know everything about :
- Fishing : fishing techniques, different species of fish, traditions, fish recipes, pescatourism ...
- Beaches : creeks, creeks, large sandy beach or intimate beach, the quality of the bathing water ...
- Ports : fishing and yachting harbours, captaincy services ...
- Diving : diving sites, clubs, aquaplane trekking, first dives ...
- Nature : Massif de l'Estérel, the Cap Roux fishing area, the ponds of Villepey ...
- Services : leisure activities, restaurants, accommodation, parking, events, weather ...
- Eco-gestures : all you need to know to respect the sensitive areas of our seaside
Tourism and new technologies
This road is called "digital" because it uses the best of new technologies. It aims to promote and raise awareness among the general public on the issues of inshore fishing, including pescatourism, and sustainable maritime activities. The principle is to give interactive information to visitors on their smartphone.
So, all you need to do is get your smartphone and flash the code opposite to get all the information you want.
Remarkable natural areas are highlighted and explained, such as the Cap Roux fishing area, the Etangs de Villepey, the Vallon de la Gaillarde and the Vivier Romain des Issambres.
For what use ?
Looking for a quiet little cove in the Esterel ? An easily accessible beach with a parking lot ?
Thanks to the web application you can visualize all the places of idleness around you and the proposed services, for that you just have to locate yourself.
More than 60 original videos are available to you. To watch at sea, on the beach or at home, discover the coast in an illustrated way : reports, interviews with local personalities, historical documentaries...
Audioguides are also available for a more interactive visit. All you have to do is follow the directions and let yourself be carried away in the discovery of the chosen place.
Graphic and eye-catching communication
The project was strengthened by the creation of several adapted graphic elements :
- A collection of 4 postcards published in 60,000 copies
- An original map of the coastline, with its cardboard case and a small beach bag in 20,000 copies.
- 300 POS materials distributed to accommodation providers, activity providers, Tourist Office and public places (town halls, cultural centres, BiJ, bus stations, etc.).
- 100,000 flyers distributed (bilingual)
They talk about it...
"De Rivages en Calanques" project has often been rewarded for its success. For example, the Estérel Côte d'Azur tourism cluster received the 1st prize for technological innovation 2012 awarded by SYNAFEL for our digital route © concept, and the visual communication trophy - the ICONA d'Or - for the "totem QR ciel".
Here is also, below, an article by Var Matin, praising the project :