The chapel of Les Issambres was built in 1954 and completed in 1955.
That year, on 28th July, Monseigneur Gaudel, the bishop of Fréjus, blessed the chapel and placed it under the patronage of Notre-Dame. On 9th July 1960, it became the parish church.
A spot of history:
So the church has, in recent years, become a more prominent feature of the maritime district of Roquebrune-sur-Argens, displaying its white walls in the heart of this new seaside town located between Saint-Aygulf and Sainte-Maxime.
The quadrilateral building has a wide round-arched entrance porch which leads to a single nave. Most of the nave is taken up by the shrine which is decorated at each corner by a painting of one of the evangelists. Their eyes converge on the altar which has a ciborium with slender columns.
Three sides of the sanctuary are surmounted by a platform intended for the faithful. We wanted to give this church a semicircular air in the various parts of the building, inside; and outside, by a square bell tower, which, planted on the apse, raises its elegant ironwork dominated by the cross towards the blue sky.
- Individual visits include : Unguided individual tours available permanently
- Capacity : Group : 115 max people
- Equipments : Car park