A Cistercian wonder in the heart of the Var’s forest !
Built at the end of the 12th Century, the Thoronet Abbey is one of the “3 Provençal Sisters”. Celebrated by the book “Les Pierres Sauvages”, the church & monastery strongly express the Cistercian idealism, full of simplicity & rigour that St Benoit inspired.
- Individual visits include : Unguided individual tours available permanentlyGuided individual tours available permanently
- Groups visits include : Unguided group tours available permanentlyGuided group tours on request
- Services : ShopGuided tours
- Equipments : ToiletsCar park
- Environments : Forest location
- Activities : ConcertTemporary exhibition