The village of Fayence
Discover the beautiful cultural heritage of the village of Fayence: the Clock Tower with its splendid panorama, the Sarrazine gate, the remains of the watchtower, its fountains, its washhouses... To optimize your discovery, discover the "Au fil des Ruelles" route, a walking itinerary made by the tourist office.
A rich heritage
Fayence is plentiful of historical and unusual monuments and therefore has a rich heritage that attracts many visitors every year. Among these monuments are:
- The Fayence chapels: Cross a landscape cultivated by Roman veterans, then dotted with chapels and oratories punctuated by elegant cypress trees that have preserved their rustic character.
- The Four du Mitan: In the heart of the picturesque alleys of the old Fayence, you will enjoy the discovery of the old communal bread oven. Discover an animated slide show with characters wearing costumes from 1897, surrounded by all the objects of the time. Built in 1522 under the bishop of Fréjus, Nicolas de Fiesque, and recently restored, this venerable oven will tell you its amazing story. Open every day from 10:30 am to 7 pm.
- The Fayence agricultural eco-museum, dating from 1807, is located at the foot of the village in two old mills dating from the 13th and 18th centuries.
- The Clock Tower which will offer you a 360° panoramic view of the Var countryside.
- The baroque Church St Jean baptiste of the 18th century
- The Chapel St Roch of the 16th century
- The porch of the town hall built under Napoleon III
The gliding centre of Fayence
Fayence's reputation is well established thanks to the Fayence-Tourrettes international gliding centre, which offers you, 365 days a year, the opportunity to fly in one of the most favourable regions in terms of aerology, while benefiting from the environment of the French Riviera.
Is this your first time? Discover our leisure flights on Esterel Côte d'Azur.Book now
Walks and hikes in Fayence
- The small valley of the Camandre: a walk in the pine and oak forests, with beautiful views over the Fayence plain and the Esterel massif.
- The Chapel Route: you will discover the Notre-Dame-des-Cyprès chapel, dating from the 10th century, surrounded by vineyards... and guarded by imposing cypress trees out of age.
Instagram: Share your pictures #Visitesterel !
Post your most beautiful pictures with the hashtag #VisitEsterel and follow the account @esterelcotedazur to be reposted !